Location: Port Stanley, Falkland Islands Scale: 0.3 Ha Status: Complete
2 Apr 1982 - 14 Jun 1982
‘IN COMMEMORATION OF THOSE ROYAL MARINES WHO HAVE LOYALLY SERVED IN AND AROUND THE FALKLAND ISLANDS SINCE 1765’
The Royal Marines Association Falklands Branch, with the support of the Falkland Islands Government, commissioned the memorial to commemorate the long association between the Royal Marines and the Falkland Islands. The commission included material exploration for an appropriate stone for the climate and the Royal Marines 3D cast emblem.